Get Going with Asset Based Community Development
GET GOING WITH ASSET-BASED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Establish a firm foundation for Asset-Based Community Development practice with this 2 day ABCD Part 1 Training.
Watford & Three Rivers Trust Invite you to book your place on this informative and interactive workshop. We are working with Nurture Development who are one of eleven strategic partners of the ABCD Institute, and the lead partner in Europe to deliver the 2 day training workshop in Watford.
This workshop will:
- Give you an understanding of the history of ABCD, relating it to your experience of community development.
- Explain the 5 guiding principles of ABCD in both theory and practice.
- Identify the 6 building blocks or assets of community building, exploring how these can be identified, connected and mobilised in the neighbourhood context.
- Share the 8 touch stones of community building, offering stories and examples of their application.
- Identify the ABCD Tools for Change: e.g. Learning Conversations & Asset Mapping.
- Involve you in activities and exercises that you can then use in practice where you live and/or work.
- Use stories and case studies of ABCD in action fromour Learning Sites, in the UK and around the world, to highlight effective practice.
The workshop will take place across two days: Tuesday 14 January and Wednesday 15 January 2020
Venue: The Barn, Watford House Lane, WD17 1BJ
Time: 9.30 – 5:00
Cost: £80 per delegate
Trainer: Chris Chinnock
Click here to book your place now!