Up to £10,000 per year for up to three years
Our Small Grants programme is open to charities and not-for-profit organisations applying for any amount up to and including £10,000 per year for up to 3 years. Check the information below to see if your project should apply and that you meet our minimum standards for grantmaking.
We’ve changed the way our Small Grants programme is delivered:
- You can now apply for up to £10,000 per year for up to 3 years – a total request of £30,000.
- We have added an eligibility checklist to the form, to help you make sure you are able to apply for our funding.
- The form has been updated, so please read carefully and follow the guidance provided in the application pages.
- We will still be calling many applicants to gather additional information, but this call will be shorter.
- We use our minimum standards for grantmaking to assess whether organisations are eligible. Please read these. If you do not meet these we will be unable to progress your application.
We want to encourage all applicants, whether new or returning to us – to carefully read the new application form and all the guidance within to ensure you submit all the information we need to process your application as quickly and effectively as possible.
Read on to find out more about the Small Grants Programme and how to apply.
If you are looking for more than £10,000 per year please see our Main Grants programme.
We give grants for…
- Projects working with children and young people of 18 years and under experiencing disadvantage through:
- Illness, distress, abuse or neglect
- Any kind of disability
- Behavioural or psychological difficulties
- Living in poverty or situations of deprivation
Projects we fund make differences in children’s lives that help prevent or overcome the effects of the disadvantages they face. Projects achieve these differences by either working directly with children or seeking to improve their social and physical environments.
In our Small Grants programme we are looking for projects where a relatively small amount of money can make a big difference for children and young people. We are unlikely to fund applications for top up funding for salaries or larger projects where a small grant would only make a marginal impact on their success.
Link to apply: https://www.bbcchildreninneed.co.uk/grants/apply/small-grants/
Deadline for applications is 16 March 2020