Referral Routes for Beneficiaries Requiring Vaccination Journeys
Watford & Three Rivers Trust support all modes of transportation for our community during lockdown, including visits to GP practices, hospital appointments and vaccine hubs. With a wide range of services across Hertfordshire, we are pleased to summarise referral services below:
East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST)
EEAST have been commissioned to provide a screening service for residents who need transport assistance to access their vaccination appointments. GP surgeries across Hertfordshire will sign post anyone who requires assistance to the dedicated EEAST phone number.
The service went live on Monday 1st February and the phone line is operated Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm.
The Screening service will determine one of the following outcomes:
- Resident meets eligibility for non-emergency patient transport service and their medical/mobility requirements are appropriate for Herts County Council (HCC) to provide the transport. HCC will liaise directly with the resident in booking the appropriate transport. Resident meets eligibility for non-emergency patient transport service and their medical/mobility requirements require an ambulance vehicle/crew. EEAST will liaise with the vaccination site to obtain a home vaccination for the resident rather than transporting to a site.
- Resident does not meet the eligibility criteria for non-emergency patient transport service. EEAST will:
- Advise the resident to seek a family member/relative for assistance.
- Refer the resident to one of the community voluntary transport schemes.
Contact EEAST on 0300 790 6254. Patients should only call if they have received an invite with a date and time for their vaccination.
ArrivaClick who help advise:
- Plan and book your journey.
- Walk to your collection point as advised by the app and jump on board!
- Show the driver proof of your vaccine appointment booking (a letter, email or SMS) when prompted.
Passengers are picked up at an agreed time from a ‘virtual stop’ by a friendly driver, in a safe and comfortable minibus. The ArrivaClick service operates to careful standards ensuring safety for passengers during Covid-19. The buses operating times are 6am - 10pm Monday to Thursday, 6am - 11pm Friday and Saturday and 8am - 9pm Sunday.
More information can be found at www.watford.gov.uk/arrivaclick View our general service FAQ or the how-to video. ArrivaClick’s customer service team is available on email at email@example.com or on 0345 501 0000. Where a passenger does not have a smartphone, the service can be booked on their behalf by a friend or relative or via a phone booking line – contact Natalie Frost Natalie.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HertsHelp are coordinating efforts across Hertfordshire to help recruit volunteer drivers across Watford and Three Rivers areas, for services such as Community Cars.
If your community members require the Community Cars service, please ask them to fill in our referral form on https://www.communityhelps.org.