To enable voluntary sector organisations to continue to support residents in Watford, Mayor Peter Taylor’s Small Grants Fund will reopen on the 1st of April 2021 for applications, closing on the 28th January 2022. The fund will allow voluntary sector organisations to apply for a grant to help fund:
- Community Initiatives,
- Green/Sustainability Projects that help support the reduction of Watford’s carbon footprint,
- Purchase of sports equipment,
- General running costs including to help an organisation cover its core services/activities.
Organisations can apply for a maximum of £3,000 with applications being considered on a first come first served basis, with decisions being made on a bi-monthly basis. Applications must:
- Meet one of the Council Plan themes, namely:
- A thriving, diverse and creative town, or;
- A healthy and happy town,
- Demonstrate a need for a community initiative, project and/or item(s) of equipment; and
- Demonstrate future benefits for the people of Watford.
Funding must be used to benefit Watford residents and the fund is keen to receive applications from BAME organisations or those that support BAME residents. For more information including guidance notes and FAQs, click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your organisation would like to apply for a grant but would like support in writing your application, contact the CVS team at email@example.com or call 07908 209908.